Friday, April 24, 2009

TUG!!!

I got up early and went to the office with Mom. It was nice to see everyone. Mom also had to tell everyone in the office about the engagement because they didn’t tell anybody because they wanted to talk to me in person first. Then we left to go meet Nate at the Tennessee/Kentucky Boarder. We ended up meeting at exit 2 because Nate got pulled over, but luckily he didn’t get a ticket. Mom and I said bye and then Nate and I made our way to Bowling Green. We stopped at Nate’s house and I dropped off my stuff and Nate took a quick shower. I got to see Cypher, which is exciting. Then we went out to Kyoto’s, which I have been craving ever since I left. It was amazing as usual!

After lunch, Nate dropped me off at the Ag Farm for tug. It was fun surprising people. A lot of people were like “What the hell are you doing here?” Then some people are just dumb and asked why I wasn’t pulling. I mean come on I have been gone all semester, but I would have been out there if they would let me. I must say that Meagan Jacoby had the best reaction. Screaming and then almost falling out the truck bed definitely wins haha. I also finally got my little trophy certificate thing from winning the Pike Individual Tug last fall. It had been at the ADPi house or something, but whatever.

They did it a little differently this year. They did all the guys first round pulls first and then girls rather then alternate. AGR pulled Pike first and full pulled them. In the end Delt, Sig Ep, Farm House, Fiji all advanced to the next round in addition to SAE, who surprisingly beat Kappa Sig. Then it was the girl turn. And wouldn’t you know that ADPi pulled KD first. We lost, but we lasted a full 3 minutes. The last time someone pulled for a full 3 minutes against KD was my freshman year in the Championship. So that is an accomplishment. Then OPA beat Chi O and Phi Mu and Alpha Gam also advanced.

The next round of the guys Farm House pulled AGR. It was intense, but AGR full pulled Farm House. Everyone was going nuts! It was pretty awesome. In the championship it was Sig Ep and Agr. AGR won of course, but Sig Ep put a good fight. Fiji got third, which is awesome for them because it was their first Greek Week.

In the next round for the girls, OPA pulled KD and lost in 2 minutes and 45 seconds – so they did pretty good as well. They ended up beating Alpha Gam for 3rd. Then the Championship was KD and Phi Mu. This pull was a joke. KD full pulled Phi Mu in 20 seconds. It just sucks because the championship would have been totally different had the brackets been different. I mean come on KD, ADPi, OPA and Chi O in one bracket? Those are always the stronger teams – or at least they have been in the last few years.

After the excitement of tug, I went over to Jenny’s and saw Padfoot! I was so excited. Plus, she really liked her Mickey chew toys. I jumped in the shower over there because I just walked around barefoot at the farm so basically everything from my knees down was covered in mud. Then I went back over to Nate’s and got a change of clothes. I also took Molly’s car back to her. I had driven it home from tug. Then Jenny and I got ready and Laura picked us up and we headed over to the Ag Pavilion/Blue Dome or whatever it is called for the Delt Goldfish Party. It turned out that someone had called PETA on them so no one was actually allowed to eat any of the 2,000 goldfish this year. Darn. I hung out with Lucas and Meagan, Katie and Audra finally showed up in addition to Molly and Celeste. It was a good time, but then I headed back to Jenny’s. Then Jenny dropped me off at Nate’s. I ended up sleeping in Hunter’s bed because he, Zach, and Ashton were all not there. Go figure. I slept pretty well considering right before I went to bed Nate told me to make sure I check Hunter’s bed for spiders – great. Thankfully, I didn’t find any. 

0 comments: