Saturday, April 25, 2009

Baseball and Chuck E. Cheese

I got Nate up this morning and we headed to Exit 112 to meet Dad. We said we would be there at 10:45, but of course neither of us were there until 11. After saying goodbye to Nate, I hopped in the car with Dad and headed to Smyrna for Devin’s baseball game. He is too cute. I was put on picture duty because Dad hasn’t been able to take any because he is helping coaching. Devin did really well. He has improved so much since I last saw him play. His team ended up winning 21-10. They have only lost 2 games this season and those loses came from teams who are still undefeated. I guess I am not a curse this year. Last season every game I went to they lost. So I guess that is a good thing.

After the game, I rode back with Jenney to their house so I could use their internet. I had to upload the character pictures that somehow didn’t do that correctly last night. Then I also gave Mikayla her Jasmine outfit. She looked so cute!!! I also gave them their Mickey ears and posters that Jess made for them. Then I did Mikayla’s hair into a Fairytale, which actually didn’t look that bad considering she wouldn’t let me brush her hair, I had almost no gel, no hair pins, just bobby pins, and no tiara. Dad and Pam met us over there and then we all headed to Chuck E. Cheese.

Oh Chuck E. Cheese. While I see the appeal to kids for parents it is hell and I promptly apologized to Dad for ever making him have a birthday party there. It was pretty entertaining though. I won Devin and Mikayla a ton of tickets from the machine where you try and knock the tokens off of the edge. That is totally my game. I think it has to do with all the practice from playing in the arcade with Jenny in the Greenwood Mall haha. But Mikayla opened her presents and ate cake and ran around like a crazy child. Dad and I sat around and played a few rounds of Deal or No Deal and keeping an eye on the NFL Draft. I can’t believe Matthew Stafford went to Detroit for $78 million. Geez. That is not going to help his ego at all.

After Chuck E. Cheese, we stopped by Walgreens to get my pictures and then headed back to Jenney and Mike’s so I could give Devin and Mikayla their books. They loved them. They also got really excited knowing that when they came back to Disney World they could fill up the rest of their books. They also thought that it was super cool that I worked for Mickey Mouse and the Fairy Godmother. Devin told me to tell her thank you for letting me come home haha. After they looked through the books, we all just headed home.

Once we got home, Dad told me they had squirrels in the attic so they had set up a trap. When we got home there was one in the trap. So Dad and I deported him to the other side of Concord Road in the hopes that if her wanted to come back he would have to make it across the road alive and that probably wasn’t going to happen. The whole thing was quite funny because Dad had his gun and he poked the cage open, but the little baby squirrel didn’t quite grasp the idea that he was free so we pretty much had to dump him out of the cage and then he ran off into the woods. 

0 comments: