Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dancing The Night Away

I went to work today and it was a usual day. Ebonee and I did meet this cute family from Maryland. They had 5 kids and one on the way. I did Emma's hair, she was the second oldest girl. I also did a cool dude on John who was the oldest. It went like this - John, Kaira, Emma, Chloe, Canyon and then one on the way. The were staying at the Grand Floridian and had been here 10 days and they were all begging their dad to stay 4 more. I really wanted to ask what they did for a living to be able to afford all of that. It was also really interesting. Whenever we asked the little girl how she wanted her nails done she said I don't know ask my Dad. Thats usually a question that goes to Mom, but whatever. And apparently rather then explain to the kids what pregnancy was, the mom had just told all the kids that every woman was with child. So Emma proceeded to walk around the boutique asking everyone if "they had one." It was pretty funny some of the looks she got from other fairy godmothers. 

Sam's brother and cousins were also in town. So after a quick drive to Publix I got to meet them. Of course I put on the thick accent and the looks on their faces were pretty funny. We hung out in Sam's apartment for a while and ate some pizza. Her family is so much fun! They are pretty awesome. 
We just hung out for the rest of the night, but then Ebonee, Sam, her family, some of her roomies and I all headed out to city walk. We ended up at a Salsa Club. It was a blast. Granted Ebonee and I had no idea what we were doing, they were great teachers and we somewhat caught on by the end of the night. It was one of the most fun nights yet. We just danced the night away. I did feel slightly awkward due to the fact that I had no idea what I was doing and I felt like all the Puerto Ricans that were there thought I was stupid but oh well - it was fun!

0 comments: