Sunday, April 26, 2009

Main Street Festival

I got up the next morning and just laid around the house for a bit. We had another squirrel in the trap so we had to deport another. Then I got my stuff together and Dad took me over to Memi’s. I met mom there and then all three of us headed over to the Main Street Festival.

I love the Main Street Festival. I didn’t make it to the carnival this year, but we got to walk around to all the booths. I got some roasted corn, which is always amazing. I could have eaten that all day. I also got a cute little frame that says Disney Memories, which I think I will be able to put to good use. A lot of the same crafts people were there again this year. There were a lot of photography and jewelry booths. After we walked around for a couple hours, we went and dropped Memi off at her house. She made us some chicken, carrots and potato salad! YUM! I have missed potato salad. After we ate, Mom and I headed home.

Duane was there with Matt when we got home. We ended up just doing some work around the pool. I helped mom pressure wash the deck a little bit and put together a torch. Then Duane and Matt decided to go fishing off the dock. Duane caught a fish and came up to show us. He put it on the ground for the pups to see. They were freaking out and really didn’t know what to make of it. Then somehow the fish got off the hook so Duane had to come in the pool fence to get it. Well once he picked it up, it got free of his hand and went right into the pool. So we had a fish swimming in the pool. It was pretty hilarious. The hard part was getting him out because of course he is in the deep end, which is 8 feet deep so it was hard to get the net down there. After some teamwork, we finally got the fish out.

After that excitement, we just sat out on the swing by the pool. I had to go in pretty soon because I couldn’t stop sneezing because of my allergies. I must say that that is one thing that I don’t miss about Tennessee – thanks Dad. We just relaxed the rest of the night.

0 comments: