Thursday, April 16, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole

I had the day off today thank goodness. Let's just say this morning was a bit rough. First, I was woken up at 8 and couldn't go back to sleep. Then Ebonee texted me around 9 and I got up and we headed to the mall. We had to find costumes for Carolyn's birthday party, which was Disney themed. Ebonee and I decided to be Anastasia and Drizella (the step-sisters from Cinderella). I really wanted some greasy food on the way in, but everywhere we stopped were still only serving breakfast. Yeah - we were up that early. We shopped around and finally found matching pink and green dresses at Forever 21. I also discovered a new store called Papaya, which I have fallen in love with, but anyway. We then went to Claire's to buy huge jewelry, but could only find necklaces. Ebonee had to go to work at 1 so we went back to Patterson.

I started getting my SAS stuff together so I could send in my scholarship applications. Geez that whole process is the most stressful thing and I am not even doing half of it. Dad is doing the most of it - which I very much appreciate. Thanks Dad! 
Once I got everything together, I had to hunt down a FedEx so I could send it overnight (in the end it turned out it didn't even have to mailed overnight - Curses!) Well the first one I tried to find didn't actually exist even though it came up in Bon Qui Qui. So that just added to the stressfulness. I finally did find one and got everything squared away. 
Then I had to run back to the mall to get flip flops from Old Navy and some earrings from Charlotte Russe. Then I stopped in at Don Pablos to say hello to Adam. We chatted for a bit, but then I headed to MK. On the way, I swung back by Patterson and grabbed Ebonee's curling irons and stuff for the party. Then I met Bart and Lindsey at MK. There was a super bad accident by where we got on and off the cast member bus. I know at least 2 people were injured and that's only because I saw them being loaded into the ambulance from the bus, but I haven't heard anything else. We rode Space Mountain and then they stayed while I went to Katie's apartment to get ready for the evening. Katie did Ebonee and I's make-up and my hair. She did a fabulous job! I also wore fake eyelashes for the first time and that was an experience. 
Once we were ready we drove back to Patterson and dropped our cars off. The party was at Chatam so we just walked over. I must say I felt like an idiot going through security because I just looked like I was some girl who didn't know how to put on make up and decided to go out with a piece of cardboard in their hair (I was Anastasia - the one that wears pink). 
We made it to the party which mainly had an Alice In Wonderland theme. Carolyn was Alice and Katie was the Queen of Hearts. They decorated so cute! They had all the characters up on the wall and even the food was themed. It was too cute. It brought back memories of being an oyster. Dang I wish I still had that costume. I am sure it around somewhere. Other characters that were there were Mickey, Minnie, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Lilo, Jack Sparrow, Tinkerbell, Holiday Princess, Jasmine, a pirate and a few others. It was super fun. Of course Ebonee and I in some pictures actually posed like the characters do so we just had weird looks on our faces. I eventually had to peace out and walked home with Cattin. I had to be at work early, but it was still a fun night!

0 comments: