Friday, April 10, 2009

Family Visit

I had today off and I picked up Dad at the airport. He was flying in to surprise Bob for his initiation into Sigma Chi. I picked him up and then we went to his hotel room. We hung out for a bit and Dad got settled. When then headed over to my apartment and I showed him around. He met Ebonee and Brian came out and said hello. After chatting for a bit we headed over to Downtown Disney to walk around and do some shopping and get some lunch. We grabbed sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich, which is always delicious. We then walked around. We did a little shopping. Dad also got to see the boutique in the World of Disney store, which is not as cool as the castle, but it is still good. Afterward, we went over to Disney's Boardwalk and walked around. We also got ice cream at Beaches and Cream. We ate our ice cream and people watched. We decided to check out the ESPN Club. Dad wanted to see how the Masters were going. We sat and watched the Masters for a bit. We formed a plan that we would come back to ESPN that night for dinner and to watch the Preds game. So we went back to my apartment and hung out for a bit. We went back to the ESPN Club and ordered dinner and watched the game. Brian and Bart stopped by for a bit. Dad thought it would be appropriate to nick name him "Stroller Boy" since he rents out strollers sometimes. Dad also won a t-shirt for answering some sports trivia. He was really excited. Sadly, the Preds didn't do so well. They lost, which means they aren't going to get into the playoffs - Sad day. But we left ESPN and Dad dropped me off at the apartment while he went back to his hotel room. Once Dad dropped me off, I went down and hung out at Brian's for a bit. I finally got to meet Kristina, who Ebonee always talks about, but somehow we had never met. We played baseball and that was interesting. Soon I had to go to bed because I was exhausted. 

0 comments: