Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Language Barrier

I worked podium today, which is always fun. It was a little hectic, as always, but way better then dealing with parents. The only really cool highlight were these two little girls. They were two of our last five princesses so they were just hanging out in the boutique before it closed. One little girl's name was Penelope and she was from Quebec and didn't speak any English, only French. The other was this little girl from Illinois, but I can't remember her name. These two girls together were the cutest thing ever. They were about 6 years old and they had both gotten the fairy tale princess and they looked at each other pointed to their hair and both started giggling. They then ran over to their princess bags and comparing what was in each others' bags. Remember these girls don't speak the same language. It turned out that the Dad of the little girl from Illinois spoke French so Penelope's mom and him had a nice conversation. Then the little girl from Illinois just looked at Penelope and just "You're my friend! We're Princesses!" and then they both hugged each other and they skipped out of the boutique together. It was probably the cutest thing ever and it totally made my night. 

When I got home that night, I introduced the roomies to Newsies! I am pretty sure they loved it, but are not quite as obsessed as I am considering I was running around the apartment trying to copy the moves from KD Shenanigans. But other than that it was a pretty boring night. 

0 comments: