Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dinosaur...Grrr! Yeti....Grrr!

We made it to Animal Kingdom around 10am. We decided to take a break from our extremely early mornings after our late nights. Once we were in the park, we went to Dinosaur - formally known as Count Down to Extinction. There was not that long of a line so we didn't need a fast pass or anything. I really hate that ride. With a passion. It is soooooo LOUD! It hurts my ears and it is pretty terrifying. We met up with Brandon afterward and he was able to get us some fast passes for the rest of the day. So that was nice. 

We then walked over to the tree of life and saw It's Tough to Be A Bug. That is pretty funny when you know what is coming and other people don't and to watch their reaction. And the part where they spray you with some sort of "poison" or something, I was expecting a mist. But no. I was dripping and it sprays you right in the face. I guess I should have figured that when the seats we sat in where pretty wet because no one had sat in those seats during the last showing. But somehow it never dawned on me. 
We then went and got lunch, which was surprisingly good. You always expect park food to be kind of bad, but this was not. We got honey chicken and rice. yum. After lunch, we walked over and did the safari ride. It was cool. Most of the animals were out so that is always nice. Then of course we made our way over to Everest. I did finally ride with my eyes open and everything. yay me! That is a really cool ride though. 
Next we ventured down to Camp Minnie Mickey to watch the Festival of the Lion King. We sat in the lion section (yay Alphie!) and watched the show. It was really cool. They had all these tumblers that were like cirque de solei and then wire and fabric performers. It was way better then I thought it was going to be. Afterward, we cashed in on our free ice cream and headed over to wait for Nemo to start. Brandon had gotten us VIP reservations so we didn't have to wait in line. Nemo is always so cute, but I have to say I really didn't like the actress who was Dori in this one. 
After we found Nemo, we used the rest of our fast passes on Everest. We thought about going and doing Kali River Rapids, but it was late in the day and none of us really wanted to get wet. So after Everest, we drove over to Hollywood Studios. Brad and Matt were really tired so they caught a bus back to the resort and said they would meet up with us in time for Fantasmic. So we walked around Studios and ended up on the Streets of America, which somehow they had all missed the day before. We played around with the prop umbrella and pretended to be singing in the rain (they have rain that actually falls down around you). Then we walked over and met Mike and Sully. The photo pass guy was like make a scared face and I turn my head to find Sully about 2 inches from my face. My scared face was not posed - he freaked me out. 
We then walked over to One Man's Dream, which is basically like a walk through thing about Walt and the beginning of Disney. It was pretty interesting. We decided to skip out on the film though. We then met up with Adam and one of his friends. We grabbed some dinner at Pizza Planet and then we split up again. Adam and his friend, Mike, went to go ride Rockin' Rollercoaster while we all went to get in line for Toy Story. The wait wasn't even that long so that was nice and I got a new personal high score! Sometime while waiting in line, Celeste and I started a mad Hidden Mickey hunt. We ended up finding a bunch in the toy story line. We got super excited. Then Brad, Celeste and I rode Tower of Terror one last time. Well, since we were still on our hunt for hidden mickey's we decided to make our own in the video room. There are a bunch of book cases and of course they are covered in dust, but there were some rings left on it like someone had left a drink there. So I just added some little ears and boom you got a hidden mickey. I can't wait to go back and see if it is still there. For the picture we went with the universal sign for an animal....grrr. 
We met back up with Adam, Mike (his friend) and Mike's girlfriend in time for Fantasmic. I have come to enjoy that show more and more. I really like the music. I think Fantasmic was a pretty good way to end their trip. I took them back to their resort and sadly I had to say goodbye. It was sad! I am excited though because Celeste is applying to come down here and hopefully some of our time will overlap. But after saying goodbye I came home and crashed.

0 comments: