Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let's Go To The Laughing Place. That Sounds Nice

Today I had to get up super early so we could make it to the opening of Magic Kingdom. I got up and ran to Publix and cashed my check. Then after grabbing some breakfast, I went and picked up the gang. We had to stop and get some gas, but then we were on our way. We parked at the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC). We had to buy one ticket, since I can only Main Gate 3. Then we boarded the monorail and made our way to MK. When we got off the monorail, we had barely missed the opening so that was kind of a bummer. After we made it into the park, we literally ran - well actually we did some intense speed walking (Celeste - check the pulse haha!) up to the Dumbo ride. Brad was SUPER excited for Dumbo. We waited in line for about 15 minutes. After Dumbo, we tried to meet Ariel, but the line was already 30 minutes lone, which is a bit ridiculous. So then we went over and rode the Peter Pan ride, which is always a classic and later in the day has a really long line. Then we walked over to Toon Town to meet the Princesses. I didn't realize that Toon Town didn't open until 10. So we took pictures in front of the sign and such. They did a little opening thing at Toon Town and then it was basically a mad rush for the fairies of Pixie Hollow. So we went to Mickey who was standing there waving, but no body went to him. So we went and Mickey gave us a tour of his house. That was pretty neat. Then we walked over to the Judge's Tent and met both Mickey and Minnie and took some pictures. 

Next we walked over to the Princesses and the coolest thing ever happened. First off, Celeste, Molly and I all wore stitched letter shirts to the park. Its fun because then ADPis from other schools stop and say hi. So anyway, we go in and meet Cinderella and thats neat. Then we meet Belle, who secretly has always been my favorite. We are standing there chatting and she was like oh we have some ADPi sisters here. She asked where we were from and when we said Kentucky she made some comment about Papa's horse loving all the horses there. Then as we were saying by she grabs my hand and does the ADPi handshake. I wish the photo pass guy could have gotten a picture of my face because I am sure it was priceless. I kind of freaked out and grabbed Molly's backpack and was like OMG go shake her hand. It was probably the most exciting thing ever. I told her that she should come visit the boutique and I could give her some pixie dust. So still reeling from Belle, we went to meet Sleeping Beauty. That is where we realized that we were all wearing the colors of her fairies - pink, blue, and green. And wouldn't you know that I was the one in blue. All I could think was I'm the blue fairy and then Peggy Burnette from BGA haha. Even the photo pass girl was like thats a little creepy. We finally left the princesses and waved about 8 million times to Belle. 
We then went on the Barnstormer, which is pretty much the only ride in Toon Town. Then we walked over to the Mad Tea Party and saw Alice actually on the tea cups! That was pretty neat. You always see that in the commercials, but I had never actually seen a character on a ride. I had never ridden the tea cups - or at least not that I could remember. So that was fun although I was a little scared I was going to get sick. Then we walked over to the Castle and made a stop of the BBB. Ebonee was able to come out and pixie dust us. She made sure to get Matt and Brad really well. Then we walked down to the Haunted Mansion and I showed Molly all the hidden mickeys. Then we walked over to Adventureland to find my favorite Peter. 
Seeing Peter again was super fun. Molly and Celeste were excited because apparently Celeste is a stalker and went through all my pics on facebook and she and Molly feel in love with Peter. Molly was funny because when I went and hugged Peter I told him that Molly was pretty much in love with him and he ran with it. I love Peter haha. 
We continued our journey into Tomorrowland and we were going to fast pass Space Mountain, but the line was only 20 minutes so we just waited. After Space Mountain, we decided it was time to get some lunch. We walked back up to the castle, where Jess and Sara Puckett and Liz met us. I then took everyones order and Jess and I popped down to get Subway rather then paying park prices for food. Thank god Jess was there. We spent some time making the sandwiches not to obvious that they were from Subway. Then when we got back up I told them to eat quick and destroy the evidence haha. 
After lunch we went back to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz Lightyear. Jess and I car and guns got activated before Celeste and Molly's and we kind of got stuck. We were able to spin around and shoot their car, which turns out gives you points. Even though it was not that many it was still entertaining while we were stuck. I did terrible on the ride. Jess and I just kind of stopped and posed for the picture. We then went and did the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, which they all got a kick out of. Then we walked over they all did the Stitch ride, but Jess has a Stitch phobia and I really didn't want to ride it so we just sat outside. While waiting some woman came up and gave us fast passes for Space Mountain so that was nice. We then went and staked out the usual spot for the Dreams Come True parade. But it was super late and thats when I realized that they were running it backwards from Main Street rather then from Frontierland. But once the parade got there it was running way fast so that kind of sucked. It also sucked because we had fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain and there was a huge bottleneck down there. That is where I realized that some people must not look in the mirror when they leave their house. We saw this woman who had "Ready. Sex. Go" written on the butt of her shorts. I mean really why on earth would you ever by those and much less where them to the most family friendly place. 
Anyway, we finally made it to Big Thunder Mountain. While waiting in line, Celeste just randomly yelled out "Adam!", which was the name of the guy loading everyone into cars. I really thought that she didn't know him and was just saying hi or something. Turns out they went to high school together. After we rode, we met him outside the ride and chatted and then he gave us some more passes. So then rather then wait for our fast passes for Splash Mountain, we just used the ones he gave us. 
We were able to convince Molly to get on Splash Mountain. She was basically freaking out the entire time. Celeste and I were in the front and had our bags tucked up under our shirts so they wouldn't get too wet. We got hit by the water cannons and we got soaked, my shorts weren't even dry for Wishes later that night. So after getting soaked and laughing at Molly we went and saw Philarmagic, which is super cute. While walking I heard the last MISICI parade start and I made them run so we could go dance in it. The guys were lame and wouldn't dance, but Celeste and Molly did. The guys just missed out. Then we went and waited in line for the Astro Orbiter. While standing in line, this lady was like oh my gosh my daughter is an ADPi so we chatted. Then she took a picture of us to show to her daughter. Adam met us over there because he had gotten off work. When we got up to ride we realized that that ride was not built for two adults to ride. Molly and I were in one car, Brad and Matt in another and Celeste and Adam in another. It was super awkward and very close quarters haha. 
After escaping the close quarters of the Astro Orbiter, we managed to squeeze all 6 of us in a honey pot for the Whinnie the Pooh ride. So bouncing along with Tigger was bit uncomfortable. But we escaped and went and rode It's A Small World and surprisingly the song did NOT get stuck in my head. Actually Celeste and I had Once Upon a Dream stuck in our heads. It was really annoying because we really only knew one line. We went to grab some pizza for dinner and then went to the front of the castle for Wishes. We took a bunch of pics in front of the castle and then settled in. Sadly, Tink didn't fly, which is a real bummer because that is really cool. And of course afterward Celeste and I had to take advantage of the prime waltzing music. I have to say I think it was our best waltz yet haha.
At some point we had to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom, and we finally did. We jumped on the monorail. There was the cutest little girl who was super upset about something. She finally turned and looked at me and I was able to start talking to her. When I called her Princess, which has now become a habit to any little girl, her parents said that she was visiting the BBB on friday. Well then asked the little girl if she could keep a secret. She said she could and got excited. I told her I was a FGIT but not to tell anyone. I then explained to the rest of the group that I worked there and a little about what was going to happen on friday. So that was super exciting and I can't wait to see her on Friday!
After we got back to the their hotel, we made plans to meet up at Ale House that night. We all met there and were able to catch the end of the Sun Belt Championship game, which WKU won. So of course with 8 WKU people there we had to do the good old T-O-P-S! TOPS! TOPS! TOPS! cheer, which one us a few weird looks. It was pretty laid back night and we didn't stay out too late because we were all getting up and going to Epcot the next morning. 

0 comments: