Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm More Prepared then a Boy Scout

We were able to get up and make it to Epcot early. They were letting people in, but the park wasn't really open. They did a little opening thing. Mickey and Goofy and Donald and Minnie all came running out. Then everyone basically ran to Soarin'. It was really cool and lived up to all the hype. There were parts where I was picking my feet up because I thought there were going to hit something. But I think I really got a kick out of the fact that the "pre-flight" video had Kronk in it. That totally made my day. After Soarin' it was a quick walk over to the Seas with Nemo. We rode the Living Seas With Nemo, which is where you get loaded into your clam shell and went through all these aquariums, but the neat thing was that all the characters from Nemo were "swimming" in the tanks with all the other fish. After that we went over to the Shark section and took some pictures inside of Bruce's mouth and goofed off. We then heard someone yell that it was last chance for the first Turtle Talk With Crush so we ran in there. It was cute. It was kind of like the laugh floor with the way that Crush interacts with the guests, but it was way more informative. All the little kids sit down in the front and ask all their questions about turtles. It is cute. 

When then made our way to Mission Space. I don't like this ride. I think I was scarred from the one space simulator ride at the Astronaut Hall of Fame with Abbey back during sophomore year of high school. But I sucked it up and rode the full intensity version. I must say it was not nearly as bad as I was planning on it to be. Granted I did not like the ride, but it was not as bad as it could have been. After that we headed over to test track to get some fast passes. Once we got them we had to wait for our time so we walked over to the World Showcase, which didn't open until 11. So we waited for it to open and sat and talked for a bit. Adam met us right after it opened and we went to Norway. We all rode the little boat ride and then skipped out on the movie afterward which is super boring. We did get a surprise because we were able to meet Mary Poppins. Who would have thought that she would be in Norway? We left norway and made our way to Japan for lunch. Where once again we had to wait on the restaurant to open because it was 11:28 and they opened at 11:30. They were kind of rude, but oh well the food was pretty good. 
After lunch we went back to Test Track. We rode it once and I was great seeing Celeste and Molly's reaction to the truck. I really wish the picture for that ride was right there because they would get some great faces. One Adam's friends was working in the tower and we were able to ride a second time without even getting out of the car. That was pretty neat. After our second ride she came out and met us and we were able to get a tour of the control tower. That was pretty neat. It is all computerized and such. I am glad I don't work attractions. I would get super nervous if I was in tower and something went wrong. Then we were able to hop on for a third time. This time my shoulder belt didn't lock when it was supposed to and I slammed my shoulder into the side of the car during the breaks part of the ride. That was not really that fun. 
On the way out of the park, Brad stepped on Molly's flip flop and it broke a little bit. Well have no fear because what does Molly pull out of her purse - super glue. So she super glued her show back together for the day. We said goodbye to Epcot and I had to run to work, so Adam dropped all of them off at Hollywood Studios. The only plus side about work was that I was on podium so it went by really quickly. I was also able ER and meet them at Hollywood Studios. I just kind of chilled because they were in the American Idol experience for the finale show. We met up and decided to go wait for Toy Story Mania. That ride is so worth the wait. Then we all walked over to the Tower of Terror. Only me, Celeste, and Brad wanted to ride. I asked if we could sit in the front row so they sent us to a different car. The creepy thing was that we were the only ones in the car. Even though I have ridden that ride soo many times, that time was extra creepy because there was no one else was in the car with us. Afterward, we just went over to Rockin' Roller coaster. I rode with some woman from Georgia and was on vaycay with her daughter. They were ridding separately because the line went faster. We also tried to take some jumping pictures by Rockin', but on the first jump Molly's broken Flip Flop finally bit the dust. She was sad because super glue couldn't fix it. Brad was finally able to get his turkey leg that he had been talking about the whole trip so he was excited. Those things are pretty good. I grabbed some ice cream and we made our way to the front of the park.
After we rode all the rides we walked back to the front of the park and took all our pictures in front of the hat. Well pictures in front of the hat turned into dance party in front of the hat complete with waltzing, kick lines, and Thriller. It was so much fun. Celeste and Brad had a small audience for their thriller dance and got a nice round of applause. We concluded the night with a final bow to the hat right before we walked through the gates to head back to the car. It was a fantastic day!

0 comments: