Sunday, March 29, 2009

Clubs, Creepers and Characters

So I have been a bit busy and haven't really been able to update as much as I wanted so to catch up on the days I decided to just write about the highlights. 

Ebonee and I finally made it to Cowboys. We went with Brenna, Whitney and Megan. Brenna and I actually learned a couple of the line dances, which I must say I am pretty proud of myself. We also were a little shocked to discover that they were having a boots and bikinis contest. Well, I wouldn't actually consider any of them actually wearing bikinis. One girl was just covered by three four leaf clovers. It was probably the trashiest thing I have ever seen. I was pretty much shocked and according to the guy we were standing next to they were all strippers, which I don't find hard to believe. As Ebonee put it, "This is a BIKINI contest not a sleep with random guys contest!"
On a totally different note, I have started and am now almost done with Devin and Mikayla's birthday presents. I have been going on a character hunt. I am trying to meet all the characters that I can and have them sign autograph books for them. I have also been taking pictures with the characters with a sign that says "Happy Birthday Devin" and the other side says "Happy Birthday Mikayla." So far I have met over 50 different characters. Right now the ones I have left are going to be hard to track down with the exception of the Blue, Red and Green Power Rangers. It is pretty funny the looks I have been getting because here I am a 21 year old by myself with three autograph books. Nope I promise I am not a creeper. It has gotten to the point where some of the character attendants are beginning to recognize me. The neat thing about this is that Jess and I found a website that has all the characters signatures on it. So we also made baby posters with Devin and Mikayla on them surrounded by character signatures that have been artful remastered by Jess. She also made me a hug poster. I am pretty much in love with it. 
I also saw Wishes! from a different spot, but it wasn't really by choice. Adam convinced me to ride splash with him. You know because he is a badass (or so he would like to think) he got us a boat by ourselves and he got the water cannons turned off so we wouldn't get soaked. Well, he lied, but not really on purpose. Recently, the bridge cannon was finally fixed so now innocent bystanders get just as wet if not more as the people on the ride. Well, the also added some fun new cannons to the actual drop that spray you right in the face. Yeah. Not fun. I was so mad, but it was kind of neat to see Wishes! from the ride. So speaking of Adam - he invited me out on St. Patrick's Day to this club called Vintage downtown. It was so fun, but then it pretty much just turned into a shit show. Adam's friend decided he wanted to be a tough guy and get into a fight that he was no way involved in and get the crap beat out of him. So now he is pissed and running around covered in blood without a shirt on channeling the Hulk. We finally gave up on getting him back in the car 1. because we couldn't find him to get in the car and 2. the few times we had him near the car he just ran away. We were driving out of the parking garage and just happened to see him and at the last minute able to get him in the car. It was the stupidest thing ever and ruined a fun night. Adam and I just wanted pizza haha
Now onto news from the castle. One of the main highlights is that I got to meet Mary Lou Retton. She came into the boutique with her daughters and they were the cutest things. I almost missed them due to some stupid class that basically tells me where my red yellow and green zones are for moving things and how to be safe. The class was called safety in motion (SIMs) and SO dumb. We also had hair evaluations. So Maritza and I had a date and I was lead down to the managers office and told to do a diva. I passed! yay! There really has only been two really memorable princesses. The first, Princess Kora, was a pain in my butt. When I called her princess she pretty much yelled at me that she hated Princesses and proceeded to tell me to only address her as Kora. Everything I said she hated or wanted nothing to do with. She didn't like princesses or pirates or princes or aliens, but yet when I asked her what she did like she said everything - yeah riiiiight. The second princess, Princess Kiera, was probably the most enthusiastic and loud princess I have had. She was with her sister and her two cousins. One of the them happened to be named Lauren and she thought it was so cool that we had the same name. She was a little chatterbox. But at one point I just wanted to give her a hug because she turned around and said "Lauren I wish you could be a princess too so you could come play with us." Me too Princess. She was so cute. When she got done I presented her with these certificates that we give out during Magical Moments and I gave her one saying she had officially become a princess. When I showed it to her she screamed - not squealed with delight, but screamed. Like everyone topped and looked at us and Maritza came over to see what was wrong. She absolutely adored everything and could not stop looking at herself in the mirror. It was precious and that is why I love this job!
The other sad news from the castle is that Disney has laid off roughly 450 employees. Adam lost three of his managers, one of which he really liked, Lindsay lost the one that really fought for the CPs and the boutique lost Sydney, who really wasn't around with us much, but it still sucks. And Disney completely got rid of Cast Services. Luckily, our advocate just got moved to a custodial manager at Epcot. It pretty much sucks and for once it was a sad week in Disney - not that any of the guests would have ever known. 
And I saved the best for last! The creeper Justin story. Ebonee and I were waiting on the three o-clock parade with begin in the castle hub when we see Joey Fatone walk by and then decided to strike up a nice conversation with Juan (the castle show manager) and another one of the PAC cast members. We were pretty much grilling them with questions from how to work for Guest Services to how you get to be grand marshall and ride in the car. Well enter creeper Justin. He just kind of popped up behind us. He asked us if we really wanted to know how to be grand marshal. So then we keep talking to this kid. He says he is 25 years old and works in entertainment, but used to be a CP and worked at Test Track at Epcot. So you know cool we keep talking to him through the parade. Then when the parade is over we tell him about the character hunt and he just decides that he is going to come with us because he doesn't have anything else to do on his day off. So we make our way to the fairies. We are talking to this kid and the whole time I am thinking that there is something a little bit off about this guy, but of course Ebonee has her phone turned off so I can't text her. Then I see that he is wearing a class ring. So I ask to see it. It says that he graduated in 2007. When I ask him about it he says that the ring place messed up and that he really graduated in 2002 and he just hasn't gotten it fixed yet. I mean really who waits 7 years and doesn't get anything done to change it. Plus, ring companies don't make that big of mistakes. So then I start grilling this kid on stuff and he comes up with the answers like he wasn't lying when I know that he is. Ebonee on the other hand is completely oblivious and still the phone is still dead and can't text her. And from here on out he walks in between Ebonee and I so I can't talk to her. The really creepy part about all of this was that this kid brought up everything that I liked. From being a Titans and hockey fan, to the exact spot where I watch Wishes! It was super creepy. So I was able to get his last name out of him and when we were finally able to get home and I explained everything to Ebonee we looked him up on facebook. It turns out that he is not 25 (duh!), but 19 and still works at Epcot at Test Track and still a CP. So I had to text this kid because we accidently told him our dinner plans and he invited himself so I texted him saying that we had changed our minds about going out. Well then he proceeded to send me pictures of the castle and then invite me to see La Nouba with him. Needless to say, I ignored the text and I have yet to hear back from him! Yay! and that has been my exciting life for the past couple of weeks!

0 comments: