Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Run Ins With Pumba

2.16

Monday I had to work from 2-8. I got to work really early because I had to go by costuming and get a new costume and turn the old ones in to be washed. We have the option of washing our own costumes, but I am a little scared to do that. But the trip to costuming did not take me nearly as long as I thought that it would, so I was left with a lot of time to kill before work. I ended up just reading in the mouseketeria for about 30 minutes. 
I was finally able to clock in and headed to the boutique. I was a little nervous because this was going to be my first shift without Margarita there. Everything worked out though. All my princesses were so cute. I had one little princess who had the same birthday as me and she thought that that was just the coolest thing. I also had one princess who was 17. She was there on vacation with her family and her boyfriend. She had gorgeous hair though. Two people did have a run in with Pumba.* So that sucks but I am glad that it wasn't me! 
This shift was also my first shift closing. It really wasn't bad. There was a family in there who now live outside of Knoxville, but used to live in Nashville and work in Franklin. I got roped into a conversation about Lady Vol Basketball. I had no idea what the guy was talking about so I just agreed with everything he said. I didn't have the heart to tell him I can't stand basketball haha. 
*Pumba is the code word in the boutique for lice. If someone thinks they have found lice they ask a FGIT (Fairy God-Mother In Training) 'Have you seen the Lion King recently because I think I just saw Pumba.' Then that FGIT comes over and confirms that it is lice. Then we step away from the hair while the manager takes the parents in the back and explains the situation. We then have to replace everything in our cart, take the smock and our vest and put it into a hazardous waste bag and then clean everything like crazy. This is why they told us to keep and extra vest in our locker. If we don't have one we have to clock out and go to costuming and get another one. 
After work, Stephanie and I changed clothes and ran up to catch Wishes! But before we could stake out our spot we caught the tail end of the Spectromagic parade. Of course we had to come up right as Peter Pan was in front of us. Stephanie and I both have a little bit of a crush on Peter Pan, Stephanie more then me. She started jumping up and down and waving and screaming PETER!! haha. Then she grabbed my hand and we ran from Main Street in front of the castle, over the bridge to Liberty Square and sat there and waited for Peter to walk by again. Then Stephanie then proceeded to start the whole jumping up and down, waving and screaming haha. It was pretty funny. We then went and sat in front of the castle and waited for Wishes! 
I finally made it home and just chilled out for the rest of the night. 
2.17
This morning I got up and made some tuna helper to take to work for dinner. Then I just cleaned up a little bit and killed time before work. I clocked in at 1 and began my shift. 
My first princess, Elizabeth, was this little bilingual girl and really believed she was a princess. I must say though, her hair looked awesome. It was my best Disney Diva to date. She looked just like Belle. The next Princess was adorable. When I asked her which cheek she wanted her 'enchanted jewel' she pointed to both cheeks haha. 
The next little girl was precious. She had downs and did such a good job! She looked great with her little fairy tale bun! Then I had 4 year old identical twin snow whites! SO CUTE! I also had a 10 year old from Oklahoma who loved Tinkerbell. I gave her all the scoop on Hollywood Studios and where to sit for Wishes! 
So then I had my first kind of run in with bitchy parents. I just did this little girls make-up and Stephanie was doing her hair. The whole time the grandmother was saying how Stephanie was doing it all wrong. When Stephanie finished, I thought it looked great! But the grandmother said it looked terrible and called a manager. She then had someone take down the hair and start all over again. Poor Stephanie was so upset. The manager pulled her aside and said not to worry about that they just couldn't be satisfied. I still felt bad for Stephanie. 
The last Princess of the day was named Emily and loved Aurora, not sleeping beauty haha. She was there with three of her cousins and aunts and uncles and they were having a family reunion. It kind of reminded me of the beach. She had uncles running around with cameras taking pictures and then her aunts were running around trying to figure out how to do the different hair styles. It was a good way to end the day. I also got to collect my first Rose Petals!! (tips)
After work I cam home and just hung out for a bit and then Brandon and I drove down to City Walk at Universal. It was really pretty at night with all the lights. Then we ran to Wal-Mart. Then I got home and was a fat kid and then went to bed!

0 comments: