Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lebanon to Knoxville To Atlanta

Brian and I finally began our adventure to Florida!!

 

Our adventure began Friday when we packed up and left Mom’s house a little later than expected and made out way to Knoxville. Yes, I know Knoxville. While I can’t stand the school there, I pretty much love one of the students there…the amazing Sarah Craig. We pulled into Knoxville around 6ish and Sarah showed us to her dorm room. Brian and I were amazed that we could basically just walk in without having to show ID or give our IDs up, but then you did have swipe your ID to get an elevator, which I though was pretty nifty (and see Mom they are safe). And speaking of dorms, WKU should definitely invest in the same type of moveable furniture that UT has. Granted the beds are a little high, as I am sure Sarah can attest to, but the way you can set up the room is really neat and the desks are pretty much awesome compared to the crappy things you get in WKU’s dorms. Anyway, after sitting around and catching up, which took a while, we decided to sit around and talk about what we should do for dinner, which took equally as long as catching up because of our lovely tangents. Finally around 9, we decided to head to the Tomato Head for dinner. It was delicious.

 

We headed back to the dorm to figure out our plan for the rest of the night. While figuring out what to do, Sarah decided to make me her personal Barbie Doll and do my hair and make-up. I must say I looked fabulous, but I don’t think I have ever spent that much time on getting ready – what can I say I guess I didn’t really inherit the hair and make-up gene or at least not to the extent of most girls. As far as outfits go Sarah and I looked great in our almost the same Forever 21 sweater dresses and Sarah thanks for letting me borrow those awesome black boots! We braved the cold and headed to the strip.

 

We started out and this place called RT’s. Sarah had friends at the place across the street called Hannah’s, but after standing in line for 10 minutes and freezing, we decided we would not get frostbite and go back to RTs. We went upstairs and it was just a big dance party. So we danced the night away! I am pretty sure the highlight of the night was the strob light when a guy randomly appeared next to Sarah haha and we managed to avoid the creepers (except maybe Mohawk guy) and also on the plus side Brian found a half dollar while doing the Cupid shuffle on stage. Woo Hoo!! By the time we left we were burning up so the outside actually felt good. Sadly, some stupid person stole Sarah’s coat while she was in the bathroom and she better watch out because if Sarah finds her she is going to get a beat down. Exhausted we made our way back to the dorm and fell asleep around 3:30.

 

We woke up the next morning around 12:30. I jumped in the shower because you know unlike most people I don’t love that ashtray smell (thank you smokers!). We got our stuff and went to Panera for some breakfast/lunch. Then we said goodbye to Sarah and began our journey to Atlanta.

 

We made it to Atlanta around 5:30. Surprisingly, the drive from Knoxville to Atlanta is not nearly as long as you would think. When we made it to the McGlamry’s, we caught up with Uncle Mike while waiting for Aunt Anne to get home from Elizabeth’s mock trial scrimmage. Elizabeth went out to dinner with her mock trial team, so Brian, Aunt Anne, Uncle Mike, and I went to a restaurant, I can’t think of the name now – atkins park or something. It was delicious. Some of the best chicken and dumplings I have ever had (but don’t worry Jenny Granny’s were still better but they were really really close).

 

When we got back from dinner, Elizabeth was home and we hung out watching the Bourne Supremacy and chatting. Then we decided to rock out to Rockband. We played a couple songs and then decided to hit the hay.

0 comments: