Friday, February 20, 2009

It's The Time of Your Life

2.18

Today was probably one of the best days yet. First, it started out with me and Fifi watching High School Musical 3 before work. For those of you don't know, it came out on Tuesday. But I fianlly had to stop watching and go to work. Work was so much fun. I did the normal hair stuff, but I buddied a lot. I had a princess that was probably in her mid-forties with her 13 year old son as her knight in shinning armor. It was so cute. They were from Spain so they hardly spoke english. I was in charge of doing her make up, which is really scary when you have an adult princess because they know how to put on makeup haha. Then everything I did had to be approved by her son. It was so cute. I must say she had one of the best reactions when she got to see herself. 
Ebonee and I finally were able to buddy. We had an 8 year old princess from New York. But before I could start on the Princess, I had to do a "cool dude" on her brother. A "cool dude" basically is where we take a bunch of different colors and streak the boys hair and then add a hidden mickey on the back of their heads. Then we add "pirate treasure," also known as mickey confetti, to the top of their heads. This little boy was autistic and the mom had to hold him when I did it. He liked it for about 2.5 seconds and then he started rubbing it off haha. He even cleaned his shoes off. The mom just laughed. Apparently, the year before he had gotten his face painted and loved it so they thought they would try this. Yeah...not so much.
The little girl was AWESOME! She actually talked to us when we asked questions. We asked her if she liked High School Musical and she did! We even got her and her mom to sing Breaking Free to us. So then of course Ebonee and I had to break into our I Want It All routine. I don't think some of the FGITs liked it because we were distracting their princesses. Well our manager saw our performance and liked it and decided that we need to make it a "magical moment." This means that if we ever have a lot of people waiting and we don't have princesses, Ebonee and I go and entertain the girls in the lobby with our act haha. 
Right before closing, all of us new CPs learned how to do the princess wave and curtsey. These can also be used as magical moments or entertaining the princesses. 
After work, I came back to the apartment and changed clothes. Then Lindsay, Kristy and I went over to Charlan's house and then made our way to Bdubs with Charlan and his roommate Ryan. Bart and Lindsey ended up showing up later. They left early and I rode back with them. We just hung out in Brian's apartment with his roommates. There was so minor drama towards the end of the night, but I think everything got resolved. 

2.19
PAYDAY! Woo hoo! Brandon and I went and collected our paychecks. And then we promptly went out and spent them on lunch. Brandon took me to work, but we stopped at Company  D and Cast Connection. Basically, it is all the overstock items and "damaged" items or stuff people have lost on rides or left in hotel rooms. Umm so basically this place is amazing. I found this little basic full of camera batteries - so basically I was in heaven. I got another battery for my little camera and two for my big camera all for a whopping $3.50. Yeah that just saved me like $80. So that is super exciting. But then I had to go to work.
I was just not in the mood to do hair. It probably had to do with the monsoon we got hit with for an hour. So the girls would come in to get their hair done soaking yet. I was able to get by doing only 4 girls hair in the 6 hours I was there. I felt so terrible. I made this 9 year old, Abby, cry. Her mom had warned me she was really tender headed so I was trying to be gentle, but she had so much hair and I was trying to brush it up. All of the sudden the mom gets up and is like "sweetheart does that hurt?" and says yes and she had tears rolling down her cheeks! But she never said anything until her mom asked! But in the end she was happy. 
It also seemed like everyone in there yesterday spoke a language other than english. I had a family Ecuador (Spanish), Canada (French), Brazil (Portuguese), and the poor American I made cry. So needless to say I got my foreign language lesson for the day. I know how to say "close your eyes princess" in 4 languages! woo hoo! I am sure that will come in handy down the road haha. 
But since I was avoiding doing hair, I basically just did make up or played with the girls. We got to have trivia time for about 30 minutes, where we just sat on the floor and played Disney trivia. Then Stephanie got to teach "Princess School," where we taught the girls how to wave and curtsey and how to hold up their skirt when they walk. It was too cute. When I was teaching the wave, I saw a little girl who was celebrating her birthday. When princesses have birthdays we give their buttons to Tinkerbell and she puts pixie dust all over them. So Princess Courtney and her sister Brittney both had birthday buttons, so I had Tink fix them up. It turned out that both of their birthdays were in January, but they were celebrating them as a family now, in addition to the parents anniversary, because Courtney was having some sort of surgery and this was their last family vacation before that. So I of course then got them "I'm Celebrating" buttons (Disney is all about the buttons this year) and wrote that they were celebrating everything on them and of course Tink hooked them up to. I have never seen little girls so excited about buttons before. It was precious. Then to make the night even better I got an ER (early release) and got off 45 minutes early. 
Brandon picked me up from cast parking and we went to the Polynesian resort. We staked out a spot on the swing on the beach there and waited for wishes to start. It was pretty cool. You see the castle across the lake and the night parade goes by. The only down side was that it was a little cold and you can't hear the music. But I have seen it so many times I was basically singing it in my head. Yes I know. I am a nerd. 
Afterward, we picked up Alexis from work and we went back and changed and headed to Cowboy's for ladies night. My line dancing has not improved since the last time we went. The highlight was getting out there and doing the electric slide. Out of the group of 6, I was the only one who knew how to do it. I tried to teach Brandon, but it didn't work out so well. 

0 comments: