Friday, February 27, 2009

Do You Know What Castles Have? Dungeons!

2.23

I opened up the boutique and it was nothing out of the ordinary. Although, we did have a little sister of a princess who would not sit still. She kept running around and the mom was about to kill her. It really wasn't an issue because we had just opened and we were not full. The funniest thing was when the little girl ran behind the mirrors the mom said "Do you know what castles have? Dungeons! And that is where you are going to go!" haha. That got the little girl out pretty quick. 
After work I went with Jess and Lindsay to MK to play. We had to go see our good friends Peter and Rafiki. I finally broke down and bought an autograph book. Peter and Wendy were the first ones to sign it. When we were standing in line to meet Peter we got yelled at by this woman who put her kids in matching sweaters about where the line started. But then we made friends with the people in front of us. She even took our picture to send to her husband in Iraq. She loved us. 
We then ran over to see Rafiki. When he saw us he started jumping up and down and blowing us kisses. It was so exciting! We left Rafiki and ran by the boutique before making our way to Main Street for the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Block Party. It is the best thing ever. We stood by the VIP float area. When the characters were dancing Goofy came over and kissed Lindsay and then we started dancing in the streets and shaking our tail feathers. That parade is my favorite. We hung out in front of the castle to wait on Kristy and Angelica to show up. Matt also came out and chatted with us for a little while. We stood there talking about what we were going to do for a while and then finally decided to go get food. 
We picked up Fifi at the apartment and had a family outing with all 6 of us to Chilis. It was so good. Lindsay and Kristy took advantage of the 2 for 1 drink special. It was really nice to finally have everyone together for a dinner. 

2.24
I worked from 8-2. I really like that shift because I feel like I haven't wasted a day. Ebonee had to work at 2 so when I got off, Brian and I went to Century Costumes to pick up Mardi Gras masks for the both of us for the FGIT masquerade. The costume shop was amazing! They had everything you could think of! After picking out some fun masks, we headed to Party City to pick up some beads. Then I ran a couple more errands and then headed back to Patterson. I started getting ready and then went over to Ebonee's apartment. We then headed out to Alex and Nora's house. 
We finally found it. There was a decent amount of people there. It was a lot of fun though. There was dancing and having fun. Even Captain Jack Sparrow was there. Alex and Nora are great hosts. The only down side was Ebonee was attacked my a gay man on the floor. It was probably one of the funniest things of the night. We left the party and headed to Ale House for Lisa's, another FGIT, going away party. I ran into Danielle, Ashley, Alexis and Brandon there so that was fun. Then we all headed home and crashed.

2.25
I had a long day at work. I started at 9:30 and got off at 8. It seemed to go by pretty quickly though. I find that you can usually do about 2-3 princesses an hour and that is a good way to make the time pass. I was also able to get an ER about an hour early so that was exciting. I went home and met up with Alexis, Danielle, and Brandon. We were supposed to have a fort party, but we decided to go play putt putt first. Then we even made a stop at TGI Fridays to get a drink because Alexis and Danielle knew the bartender or something. 
We finally made it to the Fantasia Gardens course. It was really neat and all themed from Fantasia. It was an interesting game. We all started out pretty well, but then Danielle roommates showed up and after that only really me and Brandon were taking it seriously. By the end of the night, someone had gone swimming to get there ball, Alexis had ripped her jeans, and another girl missed her ball then stepped on it and twisted her ankle. All in all I think was a successful trip. I ended up playing 6 under with 4 hole in ones! But somehow Brandon still beat me by 6! So mad! I still think he cheated haha. 
We came back and the fort party kind of fell apart. Danielle went over to her BFs and then Alexis bailed because she didn't want to be 3rd wheel to me and Brandon. It could have been fun though. I am sure it will be done again though. 

2.26
I woke up and jumped in the shower and then went with Brandon and Alexis to lunch at the Chinese Buffet. It was so good. They even have ice cream for dessert! Anyway, then they dropped me off at work. Work was interesting. I was put on podium for the first time since training. I LOVED it! I wish I could work every podium shift. It is where I am checking people in and building castles and making sure things fit and walking princesses to their chairs. It was crazy at one point we were running a 40 minute wait, but then in about 30 minutes we were 10 minutes ahead. 
I had one little girl who came in and her name was Lauren Gkajsdhweif. I can't remember her last name - it was something crazy that started with a G. She became attached to my hip. It was cute but a little annoying. She kept asking me all these questions. I totally had her going that I was 180 years old, but I just age really slowly. She ended up getting a pop princess done by Ebonee and she said she was a little brat. When she left her mom literally had to drag her out of the door. 
Then our last princesses were leaving and it was a group of 3, but one of the little girls had gotten scared and ended up not getting her hair done. When I let them out of the door, she turned around and ran towards me and jumped into my arms. It was the cutest thing. The mom just smiled. I was so caught off guard but it made my day. 
Brandon picked me up and we went to the ice rink so he could get his skates sharpened. Before that we watched the beginning of Wishes from the Cast Parking lot. It was kind of crazy. It is so much louder there. Car alarms were going off around us. Then we put on Celebrate you and it was almost timed up perfectly so that was pretty funny. We made it to the ice rink and that place is freaking huge. It was pretty neat though. Then we drove to UCF and had some Pita Pit, which was amazing. Bob drove over and said HI. I was super excited to see him. But then we said goodbye and he went back to study for a test and we headed back to Patterson. 

2.27
I had the day off today. I got up and went with Brandon to the hockey rink to watch him play for a bit. That was pretty interesting to watch. They only had one goalie so one end had this little blue tarp thing over it that had some strategically placed holes that they could score on. 
Afterward, we ran by Publix and did some grocery shopping. Then we headed back and made some spaghetti. Then I wanted a rematch with Brandon on putt putt and we went and played on Winter Summerland or something like that. I started out so well. I was winning, but then one stupid hole led to my downfall. I ended up losing by 8. I will beat him at some point. 
Afterward, we just hung out at his place. He got a new roommate today named Logan who seems like a pretty nice guy. We just hung out and it was an early night because I have to be at work at 7;30 in the morning :(

0 comments: