Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boot Scootin' Boogie

2/12


Thursday I had to pass my final test at the BBB. Basically, I was on my own as far as hairstyling goes, but if I needed help Margarita was there to jump in. I had no major catastrophes, but I did have one little girl who I think her mom never brushed her hair. She had a knot on the back of her head that had to be the size of my fist. It was pretty much awful. It took both Margarita and I probably 15 and a whole bottle of detangler to get all the knots out of this kids head. It was disgusting. I also a run in with the manager who said I was doing something wrong when I wasn't so that was a little nervous making. But in the end everything worked out. Thursday was also payday! woo hoo! Not that my check was worth anything, but hey. 

Thursday night I went out with Brandon and a bunch of his friends to the Disney Boardwalk. We went to a piano bar called Jellyrollz. It was really fun. I had never really been to a place like that before. The real entertainment began when we had to cram 7 people into Brandon's car. Brandon and his roommate were in the front seat, while 4 girls and 1 guy crammed into the back seat. It was definitely interesting. Luckily, it was a short drive and we all made it back safe. 

2/13
Friday I had the day off!! I did absolutely nothing and it was fantastic! I bummed around all morning and then headed to MK to walk around a little bit. I got to see the new Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Block Party and it was awesome. I am so in love with it. Everyone gets out into the streets and dances with all the characters. So Fun!

Friday night Brian, Corey and I all went to Bdubs for $10 all you can drink. It was an interesting night. Corey met a couple of his friends there and then we were joined by a creeper named Harvey who worked at Universal Studios and had a flaming wallet. Literally. It had a hidden lighter in it and when he opened it, it would catch on fire. Yeah this guy pops up and opens his wallet and just this bright flash and feel this heat next to me. It was a little scary. Our waiter saw it and thought it was amazing and had him pull a prank on the manager, who also thought it was funny and ended giving him a free shot. Flaming wallet or not the kid was a creeper. It was also interesting because Corey's friend, whose name I can't remember has decided that Brian and I are getting married in 5 years and she is going to be our flower girl, even though she will be in her late 30's (when I told this to the roomies they all jumped in and wanted to be bridesmaids haha thanks guys). Anyways.

2/14
I hate Valentine's Day with a firey passions. It is probably the worst holiday ever. Plus I also had the day off so I had no distractions. I continued to bum around. Kristy called me and needed a ride to work so Brandon and I took her. Then after we dropped her off we went exploring in Orlando. He took me to where the College Program all began. It is in this sketchy part of town and is basically this field that Disney just through some trailers in and told people to live there. It is called Snow White's Village off 7 Dwarfs Lane. It was the shadiest thing ever. Then we went down and explored Old Town and went to the Fun Spot, which is where Abbey and I did the sling shot during spring break sophomore year of high school. The place has really built up since then. Then we stopped by the Gaylord Hotel and watched the live gators in the lobby. That place is pretty cool. It is so big! 

Later that night, Brandon, Alexis, Danielle, Ashley and I all went to Cowboy's. It was a blast. I have never seen line dancing like that. (Apparently, it is just like Silverados, but I have never been there so don't quote me on that). I got some of the dances, but most of the time I just looked lost. But at least I tried! Saturdays are free long necks until 1 and Thursday is Ladies Night so I will have to go back. 

2/15
This morning Kristy and I got up and met her friend who was down from Nashville and went to UCF to watch UT play Villinova in softball. Two of her old teammates play for UT and one is her bestie so we went. UT ended up winning 9-4. The team is not allowed to see people after the game unless they win, but even then we had to drive to the back of the stadium and wait until after they showered and then they only had like 5 minutes to visit with their families. Kind of harsh if you ask me. I totally felt like a groupie because we were totally stalking the team trying to figure out where they were. We grabbed lunch at Jimmy Johns and then dropped Kristy's friend off at the airport. We are now back safely at the apartment and trying to decide what to do tonight. Everyone is working but I am off. I think I might go to the parks with Ebonee, a friend from the BBB who goes to MTSU. So who knows!

0 comments: