Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dancing In the Street

2.20 Hoodie Hoo Day!

I got up early and went to the park before work. I ran some errands before hand that took a lot less time then I thought they would. So i just strolled around MK. Once I actually got to work, it was a pretty normal day. Ebonee and I have become partners in crime. I wish we could work together all the time. We always buddy and it seems to work out and the time passes really quickly. Plus, princesses (or at least those that speak english) love us. The highlight was this family from Nova Scotia. They had a son and a daughter. Ebonee was able to talk the boy into getting a cool dude and he loved it! The little girl was so cute too. It seemed like they never stopped talking. Of course we had to pull out our HSM moves. Later that night, right before we closed a princess begged me to let her try on the Cinderella slippers. I mean BEGGED! According to her mother, she is obsessed with shoes. I basically had to pin her down to get the shoes back. But I was able to teach her and her cousin the princess wave and curtsey. 
After work I decided it was time to break down and actually do laundry - considering I haven't done laundry since I have been here. I never realized I had that many clothes! But I took up 4 washers and two dryers...yeah. So the laundry machines are weird. We have to buy this card and then put money on it because it is a $1 to wash and $1 to dry. We I couldn't figure out how the heck to get the stupid machines to work. I had to call Ebonee and she came to my rescue. So I just spent the night watching The Rescuers Down Under and folding clothes. I realized that I don't mind folding clothes, it's the actual putting them away part that I dislike. 

2.21
I had to be at work at 7:30. I woke up at 6:50 - not good. Some how I made it to work with 9 minutes to spare. How? I have no idea, but I will take it. Today seemed to be the curse of the Fairy Tale with short hair. I had so many princesses with NO hair! So they really didn't look that great, but the parents were happy. I did have a little girl from Panama with the most gorgeous hair. It came out as an almost perfect Fairy Tale. I was pumped. But then things kind of took a turn for the worst. This little girl started crying half way through the hair do. I was able to finish the Fairy Tale, but she wouldn't let me pixie dust or put the mickey clip in. She freaked out. She ran out of the chair with the cape and everything still on. But the ending Princess was awesome. They were from Memphis and I finally got to do something besides a Fairy Tale. 
I ran and changed clothes and then met Ebonee and Alex above ground. We ran to Adventureland to meet with Peter Pan. I was so excited! We had to hide from him so he wouldn't see us while we were standing in line. We finally got to meet him and he said he would teach me to fly later on haha. We then ran back to Main Street and tried to meet Pluto, but the line was too long. Although we were disappointed about Pluto, Ebonee and I were able to entertain ourselves. We saw a cast member working PAC (Parade audience control) with a present shaped stereo just dancing. Their job is to entertain little kids while they are waiting on the parade to start. Well this poor kid was super awkward and just dancing by himself. So of course Ebonee and I jumped in. We did a 2 song show. First, to All for One from HSM 2 and then ended with Celebrate You. We were pretty awesome. This Mom even tried to get her little boy to take a picture with us, but he ran away crying haha. Yeah we have that affect on people. We were sweating so bad by the time we were done. 
We then went back underground and had lunch with Matt and Brenna, who had just got done being friends with Peter Pan and Pluto. We stayed with them while they ate lunch. Then I met Brandon before his shift started. We walked down to Main Street for a bit and he showed me where Lady and the Tramp's paw prints are outside of Tony's Restaurant. Then I met back up with Ebonee and we did some shopping. 
We left MK and then went over to Hollywood Studios, where we continued to shop. Some how I lost $40. When I went back to the store they had found it and had turned it in to Lost and Found and I was able to get it back! Yay! That would have been a total downer if I hadn't been able to get it back. We left there and went to Downtown Disney. We went in the first store and Ebonee really wanted this HSM 3 poster so I asked the guy working what they did with the promo posters when they are done. He didn't know and the manager wasn't there. His name was Brandon and we ended up chatting with him and his co-worker Keely for a while. It turns out that Brandon knew a WKU football player and then Keely was a Alpha Gam at Murray. After Ebonee harassed all of them for pins, we left. Only to have Brandon tell us that the Jasmine pin Ebonee traded for was not an actual Disney Trading Pin and she was pissed. haha. We then walked around Downtown Disney and went to the World of Disney. It is crazy how much stuff is there. I gave myself a little tour of the BBB down there. Ours is way cooler. Ebonee harassed some more people about pins and then we left. 
On our way out we saw this board up for trading pins so of course Ebonee stopped. And low and behold guess who was there....Brandon. The kid is everywhere. Ebonee and he flirted for a little while then this little girl came up and looked at the pins. I noticed that she had a Fairy Godmother pin. We got so excited and asked her where she got it. She said she had two and gave one to Ebonee ever though she didn't have one to give her!! Then the mom said she would stop by the BBB and see us! It was so nice and totally made our day!
We had to go back to MK for my car and I was finally able to get home. I watched Hercules and waited for Brandon to get off work. When he did we met up and I met his new roommate, Ken, who is a creeper and a half. He is really awkward too. But we left and went to the Boardwalk to pick Alexis up. We had an hour to kill so we just walked around. It is so pretty down there! Alexis finally got off work and we went back to Patterson and they were going to make dinner, but once everyone got over there they realized they really didn't have that much food so everyone bailed. 

2.22
Today Brandon and I went to Animal Kingdom around 11ish. Since he used to work Dinosaur, he knows people. We were able to get 3 fast passes to any ride, free ice cream, and VIP for the Finding Nemo show. We kicked off the morning at Expedition Everest, which I managed to keep my eyes open for the entire time. I still can't look at the Yeti though. He just freaks me out. Then we went on a safari. Thank god they don't do that bridge thing where they pretend the bridge is going to break anymore. Last time I came that scared the crap out of me. We got to see all sorts of animals. The hippos were even out of the water and one gator kind of attacked another one. It was crazy. I forgot how bouncy those cars are. It is a miracle more people don't fall out of those. Afterward, we took this train to Rafiki's Conservation area. It basically teaches people about conservation and there is a petting zoo there. There were also the cutest monkey's ever. They had white heads with a little orange part and were small and hopped around everywhere. 
We then went and hit up Dinosaur, which I hadn't ridden since 1998 when the park first opened and Pam, Amber and I went while we were at the beach. This ride used to be called Count Down To Extinction., but Disney redid it after that Dinosaur movie came out. The picture of Pam, Amber and I on the ride last time is pretty hilarious. Amber and I are grabbing Pam like a really dinosaur is after us. I believe on of us gave her a bruise, while Pam is laughing through the whole thing. Well, the ride is just as scary and the loudest thing ever. I had to cover my ears most of the time and no wonder little kids come out crying. It is really scary. The picture of Brandon and I isn't much better. I am holding my ears and he has ridden it so many times he is posing. Afterward we went and got our free ice cream and walked around. 
We made it back in time for the 3:15 showing of Finding Nemo the Musical. It was so good. It kind of like The Lion King, but they are more puppets then just cool costumes, but you don't really watch the people and eventually forget that they are there. It lasts about 45 minutes and is really cute. 
We left Animal Kingdom after the show and headed back to Patterson. We made some mac and cheese and just hung out before Brandon had to go to work at 6. Then I went with Ebonee to try and find Mardi Gras masks for the FGIT Mardi Gras party. All the stores we found were closed because we forgot that it was Sunday. Whoops. We swung back by Patterson and picked up Jess and went to Moe's. It was delicious. We chatted for a while and then made our way back. It is an early night tonight because I have to be at work at 8 in the morning :(

0 comments: